There are essential points about the best air fryer Wirecutter wants you to learn. These talk about how air fryers work, how to choose the best for your home, and what food you can cook in it. All of these point you to an excellent experience when cooking food using an air fryer in the kitchen.
Vital Information about the Best Air Fryer Wirecutter Wants You to Know
Understand How Air Fryers Work
First, you should learn about how do air fryers work. Such kitchen appliances don’t simply use heat when cooking food. Instead, it induces convection by circulating hot air around the food in the basket. That’s how air fryers fry the food that you place in them.
Choosing Air Fryers
There are a few factors to remember when buying an air fryer for your kitchen.
- Begin by choosing from the top and most reliable brands. That is the fastest way to make sure that you’re purchasing a quality air fryer. Yes, air fryers from these brands are often expensive. But they are worth paying since they last long.
- There are two types of food containers among air fryers. One type features a drawer at the front of the unit, while the other has a sliding lid at the top. The type with a front drawer is a better choice since it is safer than the other.
- Next, choose an air fryer with sufficient controls that you need. For example, common units have a fixed temperature that you cannot change. However, some units allow you to control the temperature easily.
- Think of its size as well. It should fit in your kitchen or countertop perfectly. But, it should not be too small or else you may need to cook a few batches of food to serve your entire household.
- Lastly, you can also pick one with special features. For example, some brands have air fryers with built-in toasters. Those units could be more practical for you.
Food that Air Fryers Can Cook
Yes, air fryers are fryers, but they can also cook a lot of other food types. For example, they can bake different goodies or make hard-boiled eggs. You can cook veggies in air fryers too. Note, however, that you need to coat the veggies with olive oil before putting them in the unit.
The idea is, you need special cooking methods to use air fryers when preparing certain food. For example, some don’t use air fryers for food with batter coating because it often ends up with a lot of mess. That’s why you should first refrigerate the ingredients for about 10 minutes before frying to keep the batter intact.
Thus search more about air fryer recipes when you purchase a unit.
These are the essential points you should remember when you plan to buy an air fryer today. You should know how such appliances work, how to pick the best for your kitchen, and the food you can cook using the unit. Thus check the best air fryer Wirecutter guide for more information today.