Fort Lauderdale Hollywood Airport is an airport located in Florida, United States. It is situated 3 miles Southwest of Fort Lauderdale and 21 miles north of Miami. It is the busiest airport in the United States at 18th rank when it comes to traffic. There are around 36 million passengers who board daily flights, both domestic and international. So, it is one of the popular destinations in the world to travel to America.
Statistics about the Hollywood airport
- The airport has got the third spot in the largest US airport. There are different categories available like on-time arrival, reliability, and good Wi-Fi speed.
- The capacity of the airport is around 83% on average. So, it is one of the crowdiest airports in the United States.
- In 2005, hurricane Katrina provided minor damage to the airport. There was closure for five days after the damage to the Fort Lauderdale airport.
- Apart from it, an announcement for stationing fighter jets at the airport has also been made through the American President.
So, these are some of the statistics that allow you to find more info about Fort Lauderdale Hollywood airport. It will allow you to know about the history and situation faced through the airport.
Tips for traveling
The peak hours of the airport are between 6 and 7:30 a.m. and 3 to 5 p.m. If you are boarding a domestic flight, you have to reach 2 hours before the airport. For the international flight, you have to reach 3 hours before. There are some guidelines provided through the officials for avoiding delays in the flights.
If you have any problem at the airport, then you can contact the staff and counter. It is one of the essential tips that you need to adopt. Apart from it, the following are some more tips that you need to keep in mind for airport travel.
- You need to take an FLL airport map before going to the airport.
- If you are going to pick up a passenger at the airport, then you have to wait at the arrival section. It is beneficial if the passenger has arrived at the spot. Remember that you cannot park your vehicles at the arrival section because it includes active vehicles and quick pickups.
- If your percentage is not reached at the arrival section, then you can go to the cell phone waiting area. The vehicle’s parking is for free, so you can wait for your passengers easily. It is the area provided to call your passenger and inform them about the location. Apart from it, the information about the arrival of flight status is also displayed on the screen with wait time in the waiting area.
- It is beneficial to park the four-wheeler in the garage of the airport. It is so because you do not have to pay money for the first 20 minutes. After that, you have to pay 3 dollars per hour.
- The passenger picking from the terminal is easy where the passenger is arriving. You have to just identify the terminal number based on the airline name. You can also scroll down the details for the correct information.
- Remember that the departures section is on the upper level of the airport for the drop facility. It is easy to pull a car in front of the terminal from the section. You should not park the car at the section or leave your car there.
- You have to only park your car in the parking garage. It is essential to be accompanied by a person inside the departure section or terminal. Remember that for the first 20 minutes, the parking in the garage is for free.
Hence, you can say that these are the tips that you need to adopt while traveling at Fort Lauderdale airport. The gathering of information about it is essential to avoid any problem.
Different terminals at Fort Lauderdale airport
The airport has four main terminals, and each terminal has two levels for arrival and baggage claim and departure and check-in. There is a unique color provided to each terminal for easy identification. You can also look at the following information to complete details about the terminals.
It is known as the new terminal at the airport. The terminal has concourses named A B and C. you can board flights for southwest from a and b concourse. Always remember that the color of the terminal is yellow. It will result in easy identification of the terminal.
There is only one concourse named D. The passengers can board Air Canada depart flights from this terminal. The color of terminal 2 is red, and it has 9 gates. It is the identification mark for terminal 2 if you are boarding the flight.
Terminal 3 has 20 gates, and it has concourses E and F. The passengers can take American airlines from terminal 3. Always remember that the color of the terminal is purple.
It is the terminal for international flights and has 11 gates. In addition, there is the use of concourse G for the departure of flights. The terminal’s color is green, and you can find it easily at the US customs counter.
Thus, these are the terminals at the Fort Lauderdale airport that you need to the collection of information that will allow you to board the right flight quickly.